Wednesday, May 11, 2022

2022 Garden Contract

* Before you garden-Sign (in-person with Nate), email: 3437garden@gmail.com or text Lynn 612-554-6656 that you have read the contract and agree.

                                         3437 Community Garden Contract (March 23, 2022)

Rules, Terms, and Conditions for Participation

Introduction

Thank you for your commitment in joining the 3437 Garden! We expect a great and exciting season this year! In the interest of making this community gardening experience enjoyable for all who garden with us, please review the following rules, terms, and conditions for participation.

 

Rules, Terms, and Conditions for Participation

1.    Use:  I understand that I use this garden at the sole discretion of the 3437 Garden and I agree to abide by the terms and conditions by its policies and practices.

2.    Fees:  The fee for an individual plot is $20.00 per season, on a sliding scale as needed. Fees are due before you start gardening. fees are not received by the listed date, and individual plot owners forfeit their plots. Scholarships may be available and are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. No one is turned away for inability to pay.

3.    Individual Plot Assignment:  Once I have been assigned a plot, I will cultivate and plant in it within 4 weeks/one month. I agree that if I do not plant or cultivate my plot within four weeks/one month, I forfeit my plot for the season and my plot will be assigned to another gardener. My fee will not be reimbursed and used as a donation and scholarship to the 3437 Garden. I will garden all season. My plot cannot be left fallow or unused for any period of four weeks or longer. I understand that if I leave my plot unused for more than two weeks without making prior arrangements, I agree that other garden members may tend to and harvest my plot. We have this in the contract for the people on the waiting list who are eager to get a plot and start planting. Also, we are trying to keep the garden looking tidy to have a clean and safe environment. The more we care for the gardens the more the community respects it as well. If you are not able to get to your garden in 4 weeks of renting it we ask that you ask a friend or neighbor to help in your garden until you are able. We do not want to forfeit anyone from a community garden.

4.    Plot Caretaking:  I will not expand my plot beyond its borders or into paths or other plots. I will keep all my plants within the limits of my garden plot and will not allow any plants to grow more than six feet high. I must keep my plot free of weeds, pests, and diseases. If I fail to care for my plot, I agree that other garden members may weed and take measures to treat pests and diseases. Under no circumstances will I use any chemical pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, or non-organic fertilizers to treat my garden. I will not plant prohibited plants such as Squash, Watermelon, Pumpkin, Squash, Watermelon, Pumpkin, Squash, Watermelon, Pumpkin... if I do I will be asked to remove it or it will be removedTHE VINES GET OUT OF CONTROL

5.    Prohibited Activities:  I will not plant any illegal plants. I will not smoke, drink alcoholic beverages, use illegal drugs, or gamble in the garden. I will not come to the garden while under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs. I will not bring weapons to the garden.

6.    Guests and Visitors:  I understand that guests and visitors are encouraged. If I bring guests or visitors to the garden I understand that they must follow all rules, terms, and conditions stated here and I am solely responsible for the behavior of my guests.

7.    Community Gardening:  I understand and agree that as part of my participation in the garden I will sign up to receive email notifications from the 3437 blog listed above.

8.    Water:  I agree to follow all water use rules.

9.    Other Gardeners and Plots:  I agree to be respectful of other gardeners’ plots and will not take food or plants from another plot unless I first get permission from the plot holder.

10. R-E-S-P-E-C-T:  I will respect other gardeners, and I will not use abusive or profane language or discriminate against others. I will work to keep the garden a happy, secure, and enjoyable place where all participants can garden and socialize peacefully in a neighborly manner.

 

Commitment

I have read and understand the application and accept these rules, terms, and conditions stated above for participation in the 3437 Community Garden.

 

 

 

Signed: ___________________________________________________

 

Date: ______________________

 

 

Name (printed): _______________________________________________________________________


Address: ______________________________________________________________________

Telephone number: ___________________________ Email:_______________________


Emergency Contact: __________________ Emergency Contact Phone: _______________


Assigned Individual Plot #: ________________


Approved: ____________ Date: ______________ Garden Board Member:_________________

 

Release of All Claims

I, ________________________________ am a participant in the 3437 Community Garden. As a condition of being allowed to participate in the 3437 Community Garden, I agree to the following:

1. I am duly aware of the risks and hazards that may arise through participation in the 3437 Community Garden, and assume any expenses and liabilities I incur in the event of an accident, illness, or other incapacities. If I have had any questions about the 3437 Community Garden, its nature, risks, or hazards, I have contacted a member of the board and discussed those questions with him or her to my satisfaction.

2. In consideration of being granted the opportunity to participate in the 3437 Community Garden, I for myself, my executors, administrators, agents, and assigns do hereby release and forever discharge the 3437 Garden Board, volunteers, other gardeners, and the cooperating landowner, including but not limited to landowners participating in the 3437 Community Garden Annexes, from all claims of damages, demands, and any actions whatsoever, including those based on negligence, in any manner arising out of my participation in this activity. I understand that this Release means that, among other things, I am giving up my right to sue for any such losses, damages, injury, or costs that I may incur.

I represent and certify that my true age is either 18 years old or, if I am under 18 years old on this date, my parent or legal guardian has read and signed this form. I have read this entire Release, fully understand, it, and I agree to be legally bound by it.


Participant’s Signature: ________________________________________________________


Printed name: _________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment